This article is going to focus on one of the many benefits provided to you, if you decide to get Panic Alert with us: mobile phone cover.
Does Panic Alert cover your mobile phone?
Yes. Bidvest Insurance covers your mobile phone in the event of a trigger incident happening.
What is a trigger incident for Panic Alert?
There are four main types of trigger incidents for which Panic Alert will cover you:
- Armed robbery
- Sexual assault
How does Panic Alert’s mobile phone cover work?
If your mobile phone (or phones, if you have more than one) is stolen or damaged during a trigger event, you can submit a claim through your Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert policy. We will pay for the repair or replacement of your mobile phone.
Can you claim for more than one mobile phone?
Yes. If you own more than one mobile phone, you can list all of them under one claim.
Is mobile phone cover worth the premium?
Smartphones are expensive, and for good reason. Today your phone probably functions as your mode of communication, shopping, banking, travel agent, alarm clock, pedometer and fitness tracker, and so much more. Replacing your phone can be costly, but it doesn’t need to be.
Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert is designed to remove the financial burden of moving past a trigger incident. The trauma alone is enough to bring your life to a grinding halt, which is why we include benefits like mobile cover to help you where we can.
Is Panic Alert right for you?
Our team at Bidvest Insurance is committed to providing insurance products that meet your needs. With crime rates on the rise, hand in hand with unemployment, your safety is at stake on a daily basis. With the added benefit of a Panic Button and unlimited armed response, our insurance product truly stands out as one that will do much more than wait for bad things to happen to cover you.
If you often feel like you’re not safe, be it walking home from the public transport stop, or trying to get your groceries into your car in a parking lot, Panic Alert is here for you to rely on.
How much mobile phone cover does Panic Alert provide?
Bidvest Insurance pays out up to R4 000 per valid approved claim. This amount is not limited to a single mobile device, meaning that if more than one mobile phone gets damaged or stolen during a trigger incident, one claim can be submitted, and the total of up to R4 000 will be paid out if the claim is approved.
Important when claiming through Panic Alert:
Premiums must be paid in full and on time, so you can submit claims through your Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert policy. If you submit a claim for mobile phone cover, you will be required to provide proof that you have blacklisted all mobile phones claimed for, with your network service provider prior to any claim being paid.
When would mobile phone cover not apply?
In the following situations, you would not be able to claim for mobile phone cover:
- If your mobile phone gets stolen before you pay your first premium for Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert.
- You’re not physically present when your mobile phone gets stolen or damaged (this means that none of the trigger incidents happened to you).
- If someone else’s mobile phone is stolen or damaged while in your possession during a trigger incident.
- Items were broken or damaged before the trigger incident, and were not damaged further.
- Mobile phone cover won’t apply if you’re unable to provide proof that you own the mobile phone you’re submitting the claim for.
- When stolen or damaged mobile phones are not reported as such to the South African Police Service (SAPS), and not mentioned on the appropriate police report.
- Your mobile phone is stolen or damaged, but a trigger incident has not happened or caused this. An example of this would be pickpocketing. If you’re phone is picked out of your pocket, mobile cover won’t apply, because this doesn’t fall within the list of trigger events.
- You can’t provide proof that the mobile phone has been blacklisted with the relevant network service provider.
- You claim for your damaged/stolen mobile phone/s through another insurance policy, like your home contents insurance policy. If there are multiple insurers, the cost is usually covered equally by all parties. While we can’t speak on behalf of other businesses, we encourage you to speak with your Bidvest Insurance claims agent for more information in this situation.
- Your own negligence. If your phone gets stolen or damaged because you left it unattended or mishandled it, Panic Alert mobile phone cover doesn’t apply.
- Intentionally reckless, dishonest, fraudulent, malicious or criminal activity on Your part.