Getting you home, with dignity.
Bidvest Insurance cares for more than just your assets. We care about you and your loved ones even more. Accidents can happen at any time and anywhere. When the tragedy of death happens, your remains will need to be taken care of, with compassion and in accordance with your wishes.
We do not know when or where accidents might happen. It might happen when you are far from home. It may mean your family will incur unexpected costs, to transport your body to its final resting place. That’s where your Bidvest Insurance My Warranty policy can assist you with so much more than just your car.
What is *repatriation of mortal remains?
As part of your My Warranty policy with Bidvest Insurance, we help your family get your mortal remains safely and respectfully home. As part of your My Warranty policy benefits from Bidvest Insurance, we’ll coordinate and pay for the return of your body to a funeral parlour closest to home.
How much cover do I get?
Your My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance covers you in the unfortunate event that your death occurs while you are away from home. Your My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance provides cover up to the value of R20 000 for the repatriation of your mortal remains.
How do I claim?
Your family, or dedicated beneficiary, can contact us on 0861 272 777 or email email@example.com to notify us of the incident. Our dedicated assessors will then guide them through the claims process.
What are the main benefits of a My Warranty policy?
- Instalment Protection: If you lose your job, or become ill with a dread disease, we’ll cover your instalments, up to the value of R3 000.
- Cambelt Failure: If your cambelt is the source of your car breakdown woes, after it has been replaced/serviced per manufacturer requirements, you can claim up to R75 000 cover, through our Warranty 75 policy.
- Overheating / Overfueling: Our Warranty 75 policy covers you, for up to R75 000, if your car overheats and it’s linked to a component covered under My Warranty.
- Wear and Tear Failure (Covered Components): Wear and tear worries? My Warranty covers more than just breakdowns. We also cover your car for damage caused by wear and tear for all parts covered under your Bidvest Insurance policy.
- Engine, Gearbox, Differential: We provide you with up to R75 000 cover under our Warranty 75 policy, if your car breaks down as a result of engine, gearbox or differential failure.
- Turbo/Super Charger, Prop Shaft, Steering Mechanism, Braking System, Fuel System, Cooling System, Electronics, Electronic Ignition, Air Conditioning System, Suspension, Wheel Bearings, Management System, Vehicle Infotainment System, Emission System, Other: You get up to R40 000 cover under our Warranty 75 for components and lubricated parts, as covered under your My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance.
How does My Warranty help you?
- Roadside Assistance: If your car breaks down, we will have your car towed (up to 400 kilometres), change your flat tyre, sort out a flat battery, or send a locksmith out to you. Our Roadside Assistance benefit also provides you with car hire for up to 5 days, and hotel accommodation if you are more than 100 kilometres from home.
- Medical Advice and Information Hotline: If you have a medical query, or a medical emergency, our medical advice and information hotline is available 24 hours a day.
- Emergency Medical Advice and Assistance Hotline: As part of our advice hotline, a medical operator is on standby to guide you through any emergency medical situation.
- Emergency Medical Transportation: We provide you with emergency services transport, across South Africa. Our network of partner ambulance services are available by land and/or by air.
- Inter-Facility Transportation: If you need to be moved to a different medical facility, we will make all the arrangements and cover the costs.
- Medical Repatriation: If you’re hospitalised far from home, we’ll pay the full cost of moving you to a medical facility that’s closer to your residence.
- Escorted Return of Minors: If your children are stranded somewhere, we’ll help to coordinate their safe return home, under careful supervision.
- In-Hospital Medical Monitoring: When you can’t keep them updated, Bidvest Insurance will. If you’re hospitalised far from home, we’ll keep your loved ones up to date on your condition and progress.
- Compassionate Visits: If you are in a hospital outside of your hometown for more than 5 days, we’ll make sure your family can visit you. Your My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance will cover the costs of your family’s travel to wherever you are.
Your passing is a tragedy for your family and loved ones, and a death far from home can be traumatic for your loved ones. Bidvest Insurance is here for you and your family, to find closure, and get you home with dignity.
Disclaimer: *This article is provided to you by Bidvest Insurance, in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions. Reminder: Don’t forget to check the Terms and Conditions of your Bidvest Insurance policy.