Your wardrobe, protected by Bidvest Insurance.
With the introduction of Panic Alert by Bidvest Insurance, our clients get covered for more. One of the most exciting product features is our clothing cover.
South African lifestyle
The South African lifestyle is unique, in character and circumstance. Sunshine-filled days and casually cool evenings lend themselves to a happy, family-oriented lifestyle. That said, living in South Africa means we must be prepared for any eventuality. For every family, the safety and that of our possessions remain a critical priority in South Africa.
What is clothing cover?
We invest a lot into the clothes that we wear. On top of being a necessity, they are a part of what defines who we are. Your wardrobe is a precious reflection of your personality. That’s why Bidvest Insurance includes clothing cover through Panic Alert. Panic Alert covers you against theft and robbery during a trigger incident.
What is a trigger incident for Panic Alert?
There are four main types of trigger incidents for which Panic Alert will cover you:
- Armed robbery
- Sexual assault
What does this benefit cover?
The Panic Alert clothing benefit will cover any items you wore or carried that were damaged or stolen during a criminal incident. Those sentimental items, that special outfit, or heirloom garments? They’re covered/insured with Panic Alert.
How much cover do I get?
Your claim could pay up to R1000 to replace or repair any clothes that are stolen or damaged.
When does cover not apply?
Clothing cover only applies for clothes that were on you or carried during a trigger incident.
Panic Alert Clothing Cover does not apply:
- To clothes that were not on your person/s during the trigger incident.
- To clothes that belong to person/s who are not listed on your policy.
- If the incident happens before you pay your first premium for Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert.
- When stolen or damaged clothing is not reported as such to the South African Police Service (SAPS), and not mentioned on the appropriate police report.
- Clothing is damaged through intentionally reckless, dishonest, fraudulent, malicious, or criminal activity on your part.
Does Clothing cover include bags?
At Bidvest we are dedicated to serving your ever evolving needs. With our new Panic Alert cover we offer separate cover for your bags, should you lose them during a criminal incident.
More Panic Alert benefits
Bidvest Panic Alert Insurance also includes:
- Emergency medical assistance: Paramedics and ambulance services are at your disposal should you need them, 24/7.
- Mobile phone cover: We provide mobile phone cover to the value of R4000 should you be left without a functioning mobile phone.
- Portable electronics cover: Items like smart watches, tablets, earphones, and pods are covered to the value of R5000.
- Portable electronics excess cover: This cover is included should there be any excess payable on your underlying insurance claim/s.
- Bags cover: Your handbag, laptop bag, tog bag, and even your gym bag, are covered up to R1000.
- Home key and remote cover: We also cover replacement and reprogramming of keys and remotes up to R1000.
- Personal documents cover: We will cover you up to R500 should you lose your ID, driver’s license card, passport, or other important personal documentation.
- Emergency courtesy transport: We offer R500 cover for a private taxi service to safely transport you home, should you be stuck somewhere.
- Trauma Counselling: We offer up R2000 cover for counselling to help you deal with the after effects of a crime.
- A panic button available on the Panic Alert app to use anytime, anywhere, linked to over 2,000 emergency responders.
Keeping yourself and your possessions safe in a country with one of the highest crime rates in the world sometimes seems like mission impossible. At Bidvest, we’re determined to make your safety more of a reality. Our Panic Alert benefits will protect you and your possessions as you go about your day.