Help! My Car Got Dented While Parked at the Shopson December 12, 2019
It’s a well-known scenario, especially during the festive season shopping madness. You’ve returned to your parked car and noticed someone has damaged your vehicle and fled the scene. This is one of the reasons why it is important that you’re covered with Bidvest Insurance Scratch and Dent Insurance.
Parking lots at malls and shopping centres can be a hotspot for scratches and dents. Whether someone has bumped your car while reversing, opened their door onto yours or let their trolley run rogue – your vehicle can land up on the receiving side of a scratch-and-run.
Now, you’ve not only had to brave the shopping chaos, but you’re also stuck with unnecessary damage to your car.
Not to worry. We’ve got the solution to make this a little less stressful. Here’s what to do before worrying about car dent repair:
- Check if they perhaps left their details under your windscreen wiper or with a nearby security guard.
- If not, see if the centre or mall management have security footage from the parking lot.
- Depending on the severity of the damage, you may want to log a report to the nearest police station.
- Take any necessary pictures or details down if you’re logging a report.
- Chat to our Bidvest Insurance team and claim for your quick and easy car dent repairs.
This way, you can fix any scrapes and bumps easily and efficiently, before they turn into bigger problems and without having a spend a fortune doing so and without affecting your no claims bonus or cash back rewards on your comprehensive insurance. Plus, you’ll be able to maintain the resale value of your car.
Enjoy a little more peace of mind with Bidvest Insurance and keep your car in top condition – no matter how packed the parking lot.