If you’re wondering how to claim for Scratch and Dent Insurance, we’re here to help.
The process to claim for Scratch and Dent Insurance has never been easier, thanks to Bidvest Insurance. Scratch and Dent Insurance is designed to keep your vehicle looking as good as it did on the day you drove it off the showroom floor.
How do I claim?
You can contact us here to notify us of the incident. Our Bidvest Insurance claims assessor will then guide you through the claims process.
Important things to remember:
- You must notify us within 60 days of the incident occurring.
- When you claim, we will take all damages into consideration and not selective damages.
- If the cost of the repair is more than the cover provided by your Scratch and Dent Insurance policy, we will allow you to pay in, up to a maximum of R1 000 incl. VAT towards the repair. Thereafter, the damage is deemed as major damage and will not be covered.
- There is no excess payable.
Scratch and Dent Insurance: what can I claim for?
Scratch and Dent Insurance is designed to keep your vehicle looking as good as when you drove it off the showroom floor. We cover:
- Minor scratches, dents, chips and hail damage: Minor scratches and dents can expose your vehicle to rust. That could eventually call for major panel work. We pay up to R2,500 per claim.
- Wheel rim damage: Damage on your rims is an eyesore. We pay up to R 2,500 per claim, and allow you 1 claim per annum.
- Windscreen chips: A chip on your windscreen can lead to a series of cracks that become a serious driving hazard. You could end up having to replace the entire windscreen too.
- Tar removal: Tar build up can ruin your bodywork. We pay up to R2,500 per claim for specified tar removal.
When does my cover start?
Your policy is active from the inception date. Remember that when you first join, there is a 90-day waiting period before you can claim. This waiting period can be waived if you take your car to be inspected by an authorised inspector and send this report through to us. Get in touch with us for details on where to find your nearest inspection facility.
Scratch and Dent Insurance is designed to keep your car in tip-top shape by removing those nasty surprises. Get Scratch and Dent Insurance now from Bidvest Insurance.