Panic Alert from Bidvest Insurance
Panic Alert makes dodging the curveballs that come with living in South Africa a little easier. Yes, South Africa battles high crime statistics, but there are still many good things about it. Including Panic Alert from Bidvest Insurance.
Living in South Africa means you have to be prepared for as many possibilities as you can, at any time. Whether you get stuck on the side of the road and need help, or are afraid that someone might enter your home when you’re home alone. Bidvest Insurance understands your concerns. Panic Alert gives you exactly what you need to feel secure again: full peace of mind.
Your safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance to us. That is why we’ve developed Panic Alert: help that is simply the push of a button away.
What is Panic Alert?
Panic Alert is an insurance product that helps you win back control whenever you feel your safety and sense of security has been threatened. It’s an emergency alert mechanism that activates in times of high stress, distress, or danger.
The Panic Alert app.
As South Africans, the threat of crime is never too far away. That’s why the Panic Alert mobile application was created. It’s a simple solution to protect you against any losses you might experience if you fall victim to crime.
The mobile app works as a panic button that you can press when you find yourself in an emergency situation.
What am I covered for?
Should you be a victim of an armed robbery, mugging or assault, there are many things that can be lost. Your money shouldn’t be one of them. Panic Alert covers you for the following:
- 24-Hour armed response: If you’re ever in a dangerous situation and feel threatened, you can press the panic button on your Panic Alert mobile app. There are more than 2 000 security agents across South Africa who will attend to you quickly and effectively, wherever you are.
- Emergency courtesy transport: Bidvest Panic Alert gives you peace of mind by always being ready to help. For example, if you’re involved in a trigger incident while driving home from work or on the road, Panic Alert will help with emergency courtesy transport to get you safely home.
- Home keys and remote: Losing your keys is an inconvenience. We cover key and remote replacement to make sure the little inconveniences do not leave you out of pocket.
- Emergency medical assistance: When you find yourself in need of emergency assistance the last thing you should be thinking about is how much it’ll cost. When you pick up your phone to call for help, it should be immediately available. This is what the Emergency Medical Assistance product feature from Panic Alert provides.
- Trauma counselling: The Panic Alert trauma benefit will pay for you to get help from an expert therapist if you have a traumatic incident. You can use that money to figure out how to move on with your life in a healthy way.
- Portable electronics: We cover portable devices items like smart watches, tablets, earphones, and pods.
- Bags cover: There are many valuable items we keep in our bags. With Panic Alert, your gym bag, laptop bag, tog bag and even your handbag are covered.
Why do you need 24 hour armed protection?
All one needs to do to get an answer to this question is to look at the crime statistics. The number of daily violent crimes in South Africa is alarmingly high. The rhyme and reason behind how criminals choose their victims is still being highly debated. In the meantime, the best thing to do is to stay vigilant, and to always make sure that you are able to either protect yourself, and be protected.
The timing and violent nature of crimes in South Africa cannot be easily determined. As much as we would like it to improve, the current response time for public protection services is underwhelming, and could cost you your life.
The simple decision to get healthy and start jogging can end with you losing your possessions instead of losing weight. In 2018/19, Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) recorded around 580 000 incidences of street robberies.
Burglaries and house breakings are crimes that are fast becoming common.The Governance, Public Safety, and Justice Survey (GPSJS) 2019/20 shows households that reported burglaries to the police increased from 48.2% in 2018/19 to 51.7% in 2019/20. The worst kind of crime that is on the rise are home robberies. The difference between home robberies and house breaking is that home robberies happen with the family in the house. These are just a few reasons as to why you need to make sure you have armed protection 24 hours a day.
Why do you need cover for home keys and remotes?
When we’re in a panic, it’s difficult to focus. When you find yourself in a high panic situation, you may lose your keys or damage your remotes. They could be lost with a stolen bag or damaged during the attack.
There’s almost nothing worse than being locked out, or stuck outside your home, after a traumatic incident.
When would you need emergency courtesy transport?
When you least expect it, that is when the worst usually happens. Regardless of the nature of the attack, having to find your own way home after a trigger incident is not ideal. You’re probably still disoriented and not in the right frame of mind to organise transport home. Panic Alert organises private transport to get you to your next destination should you be stuck following an attack.
Can personal documents be insured?
Paperwork is something that most adults have to deal with at one point or another in our lives. It can sometimes act as a bridge that allows us to make our lives easier, but also can be very frustrating when things aren’t updated as they should be. Make sure you are able to keep control of your identification information and all of your other important paperwork!
Incidents like quick smash and grabs or trigger events could leave you vulnerable if your bag, containing critical personal documents, is snatched.
The importance of emergency medical assistance.
When you find yourself in need of emergency assistance, the last thing you should be thinking about is how much it’ll cost.
Dealing with the trauma
The way we deal and process situations differs from one person to another. After a trigger incident, you will most likely suffer from the trauma of the event. Dealing with this trauma alone can not only be near impossible, but it can also be a danger to you and your health.
Why do you need cover for your portable devices?
In this day and age, everyone basically has their entire lives on their cellphones and other portable devices. It’s not just for the purpose of social media or entertainment. With the number of people working from home on the rise, portable devices have become a livelihood for many people. The cost of repairing and replacing these devices after a trigger incident can be costly. Panic Alert covers you for items like smart watches, tablets, earphones, and pods.
As amazing as our country is, it is unlucky that it has some of the highest crime rates in the world. It’s unfortunate to know that any time you’re walking along the streets or driving down the highways, you could be mugged or robbed and even attacked. Panic Alert is the little bit of good that goes a long way, to keep you protected.