Medical assistance that’s a quick call away.
Bidvest Insurance protects your assets and supports your lifestyle. We prove it through our portfolio of Bidvest Insurance policy benefits. That’s why, when you need medical assistance, we’re a quick call away.
Your *My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance gets you medical assistance when you need it most. If your car breaks down, or you’re involved in an accident, the medical assistance you need will be on its way, thanks to Bidvest Insurance.
What is *medical assistance?
You may need important medical information, or require emergency medical transport. That’s what Medical Assistance from Bidvest Insurance is for. Medical Assistance from Bidvest Insurance gets you timely, efficient medical services, no matter where you are in South Africa.
What am I covered for?
- Medical Advice and Information Hotline: Our 24 hour medical advice and information hotline gets you the best medical advice, no matter what you need.
- Emergency Medical Advice and Assistance Hotline: As part of our advice hotline, a medical operator is ready to guide you through any emergency medical situation.
- Emergency Medical Transportation: We provide you with emergency services transport, across South Africa. Our network of partner ambulance services are available by land and/or by air.
- Inter-Facility Transportation: If you need to be moved to a different medical facility, we make all the arrangements and cover the costs.
- Medical Repatriation: If you’re hospitalised far from home, we pay the full cost of moving you to a medical facility that’s closer to your residence.
- Escorted Return of Minors: If your children are left stranded, we will arrange for them, under supervision, to be taken to any person you nominate.
- In-Hospital Medical Monitoring: If you are hospitalised far from home, we will monitor your condition and keep your loved ones informed of your progress.
- Compassionate Visits: If you are in a hospital outside of your hometown for more than 5 days, we’ll make sure your family can visit you. Your My Warranty policy from Bidvest Insurance will cover the costs of your family’s travel to wherever you are.
How much cover do I get?
The My Warranty policy by Bidvest Insurance provides cover of up to *R15 000 a year. This includes any claims under the Medical Assistance benefit.
How do I claim?
You can contact us on 0861 272 777 or email email@example.com to notify us of your incident. Our dedicated assessors will then guide you through the claims process.
What are the main My Warranty benefits available?
- Instalment Protection: If you lose your job or are diagnosed with a dread disease, we’ll pay your instalments, up to the value of R3 000.
- Cambelt Failure: If your car breaks down as a result of a cambelt breakage, after it has been replaced/serviced per manufacturer requirements, you can claim up to R75 000 cover, under our Warranty 75 policy.
- Overheating / Overfueling: If your car overheats and it’s linked to a component covered under My Warranty, you get up to R75 000 cover, under our Warranty 75 policy.
- Wear and Tear Failure (Covered Components): My Warranty covers more than just breakdowns. We also cover your car for damage caused by wear and tear for all parts covered under our policy.
- Engine, Gearbox, Differential: We provide you with up to R75 000 cover under our Warranty 75 policy, if your car breaks down as a result of engine, gearbox or differential failure.
- Turbo/Super Charger, Prop Shaft, Steering Mechanism, Braking System, Fuel System, Cooling System, Electronics, Electronic Ignition, Air Conditioning System, Suspension, Wheel Bearings, Management System, Vehicle Infotainment System, Emission System, Other: You get up to R40 000 cover under our Warranty 75 for components and lubricated parts, as covered under My Warranty.
- Roadside Assistance: In the unfortunate event of a car breakdown, we will provide you with towing services (up to 400 kilometres), change your flat tyre, sort out a flat battery, or send a locksmith out to you. Our Roadside Assistance benefit also provides you with car hire for up to 5 days, and hotel accommodation if you are more than 100 kilometres from home.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains: In the unfortunate event that your death occurs while you are away from home, repatriation of your mortal remains will be done to the town where you permanently reside.
Bidvest Insurance goes the extra mile to ensure you receive the best medical assistance in times of emergency. We are by your side, all the way, no matter the emergency.
Disclaimer: *This article is provided to you by Bidvest Insurance, in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions. Reminder: Don’t forget to check the Terms and Conditions of your specific Bidvest Insurance policy.