Everything you need to know about My Warranty
We’d love to believe that regular servicing and checkups would be enough to ensure that our cars are well taken care of. Unfortunately, even when we keep to the right schedules, mechanical and electrical breakdowns still happen. Those unexpected expenses can put a ding in your car, your day, and your budget.
Your vehicle makes life a lot easier for you. Being inconvenienced by an unexpected breakdown will surely ruin your schedule, or worse, it could put your life at risk. My Warranty by Bidvest Insurance keeps you and your vehicle covered, when you need it most.
What is My Warranty?
My Warranty is a policy with benefits tailored to help you in the event of a mechanical or electrical breakdown. The policy benefits are available to you 24/7. When you need help, its just one call away.
Why should you get My Warranty?
Through the My Warranty policy, we have taken into consideration every challenge the South African car owner goes through. Our wide range of warranty products will protect you, your car, and your wallet. When you drive, you have full peace of mind. Bidvest Insurance My Warranty cover has you protected.
What does the My Warranty product cover?
- Overheating / Overfueling: If a component covered under My Warranty is the reason for your car overheating, you will be covered under our My Warranty policy.
- Instalment Protection: The uncertainties of life are never ending. In the unfortunate event of losing your job or being diagnosed with a dread disease, you can get your instalments paid, up to the value of R3 000.
- Wear and Tear Failure (Covered Components): Time heals all wounds, but sometimes it just turns the new to old. My Warranty covers damage that results from wear and tear.
- Engine, Gearbox, Differential: My Warranty has you covered should your car break down as a result of engine, gearbox or differential failure.
- Turbo/Super Charger, Prop Shaft, Steering Mechanism, Braking System, Fuel System, Cooling System, Electronics, Electronic Ignition, Air Conditioning System, Suspension, Wheel Bearings, Management System, Vehicle Infotainment System, Emission System, Other: Get covered for these components and lubricated parts under My Warranty.
What components am I covered for?
- Emission System
- Vehicle Infotainment
- Management System
- Wheel Bearings
- CV Joints
- Turbo/Super Charger
- Prop Shaft
- Steering Mechanism
- Air Conditioning System
- Braking System
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
- Electronic Ignition
What assistance does the My Warranty product provide?
1. Roadside Assistance: Nothing says, “worst case scenario” like your car breaking down in the middle of nowhere. That is why Bidvest Insurance’s My Warranty roadside assistance benefits include:
- Towing: If our registered professionals can’t fix your car on the spot, we will cover you for towing of up to 400kms, to make sure your car gets where it needs to be.
- Changing of flat tyres: If you’re left in despair and without a spare, we’ll send someone out to help you get back on the road and safely home.
- Flat battery assistance: Need a quick boost? My Warranty offers flat battery assistance to give your vehicle the spark it needs to get your day going.
- Locksmith for locked key retrieval: Silly mistakes happen to the best of us. If you have accidentally locked your keys in your car we will send you a locksmith to help you get back on the road.
- Car hire: If your car is out of action because of an electrical or mechanical breakdown, we will give you car hire for up to 5 days to make sure that you are not inconvenienced.
- Hotel accommodation: If you’re stranded more than 100kms from your home, BIdvest Insurance My Warranty gives you up to R3000 for any hotel accommodation to make sure that you are safe and taken care of.
2. Medical Assistance: Whether you are in need of emergency medical assistance or you just need to be in the know, Bidvest Insurance My Warranty’s medical assistance benefits include:
- Telephonic medical advice: Available 24 hours a day, our medical and information hotline gets you the best medical advice, regardless of what it might be.
- Emergency medical transportation: Medical assistance benefits include emergency services transport, across South Africa. Our network of partner ambulance services are available by land and/or by air.
- Inter-facility transportation: Should you need to be moved to a different facility for medical assistance, our My Warranty benefits will cover you for any cost involved.
- Medical repatriation: In the event that you are hospitalised far from home, Bidvest Insurance My Warranty will pay the full cost of moving you to a medical facility that’s closer to your residence.
- Escort of minors: You would never want to leave your children stranded, and neither would we. The medical assistance benefit will cover the cost of making sure that your children are taken to a place where they are safe and well taken care of.
- In-hospital medical monitoring: If you are hospitalised far from home we will monitor your progress and keep your loved ones up to date with information of your wellbeing.
- Compassionate visits: The thought of being hospitalized far from home and your loved one is a daunting thought for anyone. Bidvest Insurance understands this and that is why we will cover a loved one to come and visit you if you are hospitalized for more than 5 days.
3. Repatriation of Mortal Remains: Should the devastating event of death occur while you are away from home, your mortal remains will be repatriated to the town where you permanently reside.
How much do I pay?
No two vehicles are alike. Our premiums are tailored to suit your specific vehicle model, age, and mileage.
How do I claim?
You can contact us on 0861 272 777 or email email@example.com to notify us of the incident. The claims assessor will then guide you through the claims process.
It’s always best to be safe, rather than finding yourself in a world of regret later. Bidvest Insurance understands that, as your car gets older, it is more prone to mechanical breakdowns. Our policy benefits have you covered, making sure that your wallet is protected and your car is in tip top shape.