Terms & Conditions
A visitor’s access to this web-site, and the information contained in it, does not in any way convey or transfer any right in or to the intellectual property rights of Bidvest Insurance or its customers’ data or information displayed or accessible from the website (including all text, layout, graphics, artworks, animation material and general representation of the website) or in any of the trademarks, copyright, designs, patents, domain names, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets or any other intellectual property rights which may vest in Bidvest Insurance or in the author, compiler, creator or licensor of such information.
All Bidvest Insurance trademarks, logos, brands, domain names, and other marks and intellectual property relating to this website, or any information contained or accessible from this web-site shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Bidvest Insurance and the relevant authors or licensors, and the visitor undertakes that he/she/it will not use, duplicate, distribute, disseminate, adapt, display, alter or otherwise deal with such intellectual property without Bidvest Insurance, the relevant licensor or author’s prior written approval.
Copyright and all other intellectual property rights subsisting in any database/s maintained by Bidvest Insurance and relating to this web-site is owned by Bidvest Insurance or the relevant provider or supplier thereof. A visitor may only use information retrieved, viewed, downloaded or otherwise obtained by viewing this web-site, for his/her/its own personal and non-commercial use and such information and/or data may not be sold, resold, transmitted or otherwise made available or disseminated in any manner via any media to any third parties unless the prior written consent of Bidvest Insurance has been obtained.
The visitor undertakes not to change or delete any proprietary notices contained in any material, data or information downloaded or otherwise retrieved from this web-site.
Under no circumstances may a visitor use, duplicate, distribute, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, reproduce, transcribe, store in a retrieval system, translate into any language or computer language, retransmit in any form or by any means, (electrical, mechanical, photo reproduction, recording on or otherwise) any of the material, information or content viewed, downloaded or otherwise retrieved from this web-site without the prior written consent of Bidvest Insurance.
While Bidvest Insurance will take all reasonable measures to ensure an efficient, uninterrupted and error-free service to all its online customers, neither Bidvest Insurance nor any of its employees, representatives or assigns will be liable to any online customer for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused by or attributable to any:
- fact or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Bidvest Insurance, including the breakdown or interruption in the services provided by external service providers and the unavailability or defective performance of any software or any of the services available on or from this website;
- breach of privacy, security or confidentiality or any infringement of intellectual property rights by any person or entity;
- loss, damage, destruction, theft, contamination or corruption of any data, information or content accessible from or available on this website;
- reliance on, publication or use of any information or data contained on or accessible from this web-site including information and data contained in advertising banners, third party software, pop-up windows, buttons, intermercials, hypertext links and advertising sponsorships;
- failure by a visitor or online customers to maintain the confidentiality of their personal username and password, or the disclosure of personal usernames and/or passwords to any person or entity;
- hacking, infection by viruses, Trojan horses, or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any software programme, system, data or personal information;
- failure to adhere to the provisions of any terms and conditions governing the use and access to the services and facilities offered from time to time on this website;
- any lawful act or omission by Bidvest Insurance, its representatives and service providers in respect of or relating to the maintenance and support of this website and any supporting software or otherwise in the interests of protecting Bidvest Insurances proprietary rights or the privacy and confidentiality of visitors and online customers and their personal information; and
- Consequential or indirect loss or damage whether foreseeable or otherwise.
The user of this site hereby indemnifies and holds Bidvest Insurance harmless against all and any loss, liability, action, law suits, proceedings, costs, demands, and damages of all and every kind, (including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the failure or delay in the performance of the services offered on this website, or in the use of these services offered, information and / or images available on this web-site, whether due to Bidvest Insurances negligence or not.
Due to the lack of personal contact in online communication and transactions, Bidvest Insurance relies exclusively on the correctness and accuracy of information submitted and the good faith of its online customers. Failure to provide honest, accurate, and complete disclosure may lead to the annulment of policies.
Online customers must keep confidential their personal usernames and passwords, at all times. Bidvest Insurance shall be entitled to presume the authenticity and validity of any online communication or transaction and that the online customer is the originator of such online communication or transaction where the username and password of that online customer is used to gain access to, view and/or engage in any activity or transaction or service offered on this website.
The online customer hereby indemnifies Bidvest Insurance, its employees, representatives, and service providers and holds them harmless against any and all claims, losses and damages which Bidvest Insurance or any third party may incur as a result of reliance placed on any information, data and material furnished by a prospective policyholder or policyholder to Bidvest Insurance.
Termination and Variation
Bidvest Insurance reserves the right to alter, restrict and / or terminate the services on its website to the user in particular, or to the public in general, without notice or reason, or to revise these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes will be posted on this website and be deemed to have been accepted by the user if the user continues using the website. The obligation therefore will be on the user of this website to review these terms and conditions at regular intervals.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and the user of this website will submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in the event of any legal proceedings. Bidvest Insurances failure to exercise any particular right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.