The help you need, when you need it.
No two people are alike: we all handle situations differently. Dealing with a traumatic event might leave you needing someone to talk to. The Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert policy offers you the benefit of getting professional counselling if and when you need it.
Trigger incidents are called that for a reason: they leave you triggered. The post-traumatic stress of an incident might be too much to deal with. With Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert, you have professional counselling on call, whenever you need.
We are constantly improving our services to make sure that you get the best from your insurance. This is just another way to show that we care about our clients and their wellbeing.
What is a trigger incident for Panic Alert?
There are four main types of trigger incidents for which Panic Alert will cover you:
- Armed robbery
- Sexual assault
What does the Bidvest Insurance Trauma Counselling benefit cover?
The Bidvest Insurance Trauma Counselling benefit will give you a payout. You can then choose a professional therapist to help you deal with the trauma resulting from a trigger incident.
How much am I covered for?
The Bidvest Insurance Trauma Counselling benefit offers up to R2 000 cover for counselling, to help you deal with the after effects of a crime.
More Panic Alert benefits
Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert Insurance also includes:
- Emergency medical assistance: Paramedics and ambulance services are at your disposal should you need them, 24/7.
- Mobile phone cover: We provide mobile phone cover to the value of R4000 should you be left without a functioning mobile phone.
- Portable electronics cover: Items like smart watches, tablets, earphones, and pods are covered to the value of R5 000.
- Portable electronics excess cover: This cover is included should there be any excess payable on your underlying insurance claim/s.
- Bags cover: Your handbag, laptop bag, tog bag, and even your gym bag, are covered up to R1 000.
Home key and remote cover: We also cover replacement and reprogramming of keys and remotes up to R1 000.
- Personal documents cover: We will cover you up to R500 should you lose your ID, driver’s license card, passport, or other important personal documentation.
- Emergency courtesy transport: We offer R500 cover for a private taxi service to safely transport you home, should you be stuck somewhere.
- A panic button available on the Panic Alert app to use anytime, anywhere, linked to over 2,000 emergency responders.
Our Trauma Counselling benefit will help you process the complex emotions resulting from a traumatic incident. Bidvest Insurance Panic Alert will help you move forward with your life.
We’re here for you when you need us most.