Cover for the mistakes you can’t avoid.
Like any other contract, there are terms and conditions that you might miss when signing on the dotted line. The repercussions that come with overlooking these terms and conditions might have an effect on you and your finances. The same applies for your insurance policies.
What is an Unintentional Violation Cover?
If your underlying insurer does not pay for your stolen or written off vehicle due to an unintentional violation, we’ve got you covered. Your Shortfall Protection policy will cover the cost of repairs or payout the maximum indemnity if your car is a write off, we’ll also cover storage and towing costs up to R1 000.
What policy does an Unintentional Violation benefit fall under?
The unintentional violation benefit falls under our Shortfall Protection Policy. A policy that offers you the best protection if your car is stolen or written off. We’ve got you covered if something happens beyond your control.
What else does Shortfall Cover provide?
We don’t only cover the mistakes and unintentional accidents. Your shortfall cover includes other benefits:
- The main benefit of having Shortfall Protection is that it covers the difference between what your insurance policy pays out versus what you still might owe to your bank in repayments. More often than not, the payout is less than what you owe the bank, leaving you in debt, AND without a car.
- Excess Protection: Make sure you are protected from unexpected costs. Bidvest Insurance benefits protect you with up to R10 000 cover towards your underlying excess, as outlined in your insurance policy.
- Additional Accessories: Bidvest Insurance gives you up to R10 000 cover towards any accessories fitted on the vehicle that have not been specified on your underlying insurance policy.
- Loyalty Bonus: You get up to R10 000 as a Loyalty Bonus towards replacing your vehicle as part of Bidvest Insurance Shortfall cover benefits.
- Instalment Protection: Bidvest Insurance will pay your monthly vehicle instalment up to R5 000 for up to 3 months if your claim for a stolen or written off vehicle with your underlying insurer takes more than 60 days to process.
How much do I pay for Shortfall Cover?
Your monthly premium is tailored to you and your car. We will quote on your specific vehicle.
How do I claim from Shortfall Cover?
You can contact us on 0861 66 88 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the incident. The claims assessor will then guide you through the claims process.
The fine print can sometimes be missed and overlooked. Bidvest Insurance’s Unintentional Violation cover keeps you protected.