You’ve been hijacked. Now what?on January 30, 2020
It’s an unfortunate reality, but a reality nonetheless. Smash-and-grabs and hijackings happen throughout South Africa on a regular basis. Rather than drive in fear, here’s how to best prepare yourself should such a traumatic event occur.
There are many steps you can take to minimise the likelihood of being affected. There are also safeguards like hijack insurance that you can put in place to reduce the stress of extra expenses, should you be faced with this sudden scenario.
Rather be safe than sorry, right? Here are a few tips to best keep yourself out of harm’s way:
- Google hijacking hotspots in your city or area and avoid them at all costs. You will also be able to find stats about the most common times of day for these instances to occur.
- GPS systems will often alert you to commonly dangerous areas. Choose an alternative route if available.
- Keep windows up and doors locked at all times. As soon as you get into the car, make it a habit to lock the doors first thing.
- Do your best to drive during optimal times where help is more readily available.
- Don’t talk on your phone when waiting at robots and resist the urge to check your messages.
- On busy roads or at robots, leave room between you and the car ahead. This gives you room to move should you need to quickly manoeuvre away from trouble.
If it happens…
Remember that your life is the most important thing and vehicles can be replaced. Our team have developed an extensive vehicle theft cover with you, our South African client in mind. Our goal with Theftbuster Plus is to, provide valuable assistance and peace of mind that the additional expenses and costs incurred after such a traumatic experience are handled.
With hijack insurance cover from Bidvest Insurance, you can leave the costs of damage or loss of personal effects to us. Theftbuster Plus helps get you and your loved ones back on your feet with:
- Up to R15 000 for your insurance excess if your stolen vehicle is not recovered
- A R10 000 loyalty bonus towards a replacement vehicle if purchased from a Bidvest Insurance approved dealership
And cover for items such as:
- Handbags, cellphone, and personal electronic devices
- Minor damage to your car
- Window and glass film replacement
- Door lock damage
- Minor mechanical damage
- Car key and remote replacement
- Personal documents
Bidvest Insurance Theftbuster Plus is designed to think of all the nitty-gritty so that you don’t have to. Theftbuster Plus even goes as far as to cover trauma counselling and temporary car hire.
Drive with that added peace of mind with Bidvest Insurance.