Bidvest Insurance offers a guaranteed vehicle warranty policy that will assist you should your car experience a mechanical or an electrical failure. A car warranty not only protects your car, but it also protects your wallet. We provide tailor-made vehicle warranty policies for all cars, whether or not they’re still covered by an original manufacturing warranty.
A guaranteed vehicle warranty from Bidvest Insurance keeps your car covered.
Your vehicle warranty is your sanity
It always happens when we least expect it: your car breaks down. Even if you’re pedantic about your car service history, fastidious with your logbook, and check your oil every day, breakdowns happen.
More than a manufacturing warranty
When your manufacturing warranty falls away, your vehicle becomes more prone to expensive breakdowns. The last thing you need is to be paying for expensive, unexpected repairs. Bidvest Insurance’s guaranteed vehicle warranty protects your pocket, and your car, against any mechanical or electrical breakdown.
Why do I need a car warranty?
You can’t be without your car. You need to get to work, pick your children up from school, and go about your day, with ease. Being without your car for extended periods of time could negatively affect your daily life and your budget.
When things go wrong with a car, they often come at a time when you least expect it. This means, you may have to resort to using your credit card and going into debt to fix your car. A car warranty, however, will assist you should your car experience a mechanical or an electrical failure. A car warranty not only protects your car, but it also protects your wallet.
What warranty does Bidvest Insurance offer?
All our insurance policies at Bidvest Insurance have you and your specific needs in mind. One of our offerings is what is known as mechanical warranty. This specialised warranty is designed to offset high repair costs when the inevitable happens, and your car breaks down.
How does Bidvest Insurance vehicle warranty work?
Bidvest Insurance offers a guaranteed vehicle warranty policy that will assist you should your car experience a mechanical or an electrical failure. The policy includes:
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover: For repairs your car might need as a result of a breakdown.
- Cover for vehicles of various ages and mileages: We understand that your car is very special to you. Whether it’s new or old, we will work out a plan that is specific to your needs.
- 24-Hour roadside and medical assistance: Breakdowns are unexpected and can happen at any time. That’s why we provide roadside and medical assistance that can come to you, 24 hours a day.
- Optional warranty: We provide tailor-made vehicle warranty policies for all cars, whether they’re still covered by an original manufacturing warranty, or not.
What other benefits does the Mechanical Warranty product provide?
You’re in for a hard time if your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. The frustration, inconvenience and dangers that come with your car breaking down are taken care of by Mechanical Warranty’s roadside assistance. Under the roadside assistance benefit you get:
- Towing: Our mechanics will be happy to get you back on the road in no time, but if they can’t fix your car there and then, we’ll help you with a towing service that will take your car to where it needs to be, within a 400 kilometre radius.
- Changing of flat tyres: If you find yourself without a spare and despair has set in, we’ll send someone out to assist you with changing your tyre and getting you back on the road.
- Flat battery assistance: Need a quick boost? Mechanical Warranty offers assistance with flat batteries to get your car engine running again.
- Locksmith for locked key retrieval: If you’ve lost your car keys, we send a local locksmith to help you get back on the road as soon as possible.
- Car hire: If your car is out of action, we will ensure you are taken care of. We will provide car hire for up to 5 days if need be while your car undergoes repairs.
- Hotel accommodation: If your car breaks down, you are far away from home and you don’t have any other means to get around or book accommodation at the nearest hotel, we will help you out!
You could be in need of serious medical attention or just in need of serious medical advice. Mechanical Warranty has you covered. Our medical assistance will help you out with:
- Telephonic medical advice: Our medical hotline is available all day long. Whatever the time of day, our experts are here to help you get full and sound advice.
- Emergency medical transportation: Medical assistance benefits include emergency services transport, across South Africa. Our network of partner ambulance services are available by land and/or by air.
- Inter-facility transportation: Should you need to be moved to a different facility for medical assistance, Mechanical Warranty covers you for any costs involved.
- Medical repatriation: In case you need to be admitted into a hospital, but you’re out of your hometown, we cover the expenses required to move you closer to your place of residence.
- Escort of minors: Your children should never be left stranded. Mechanical Warranty’s medical assistance benefit covers the cost of making sure that your children are taken to a place where they are safe and well taken care off.
- In-hospital medical monitoring: If you are hospitalised far from home, we’ll be there for you. We keep a close eye on your health and keep your loved ones up to date on your progress and care.
- Compassionate visits: If you are hospitalised and unable to go home, Bidvest Insurance ensures that you are never alone. Should you find yourself in this unfortunate scenario, one of your chosen family members or friends will be brought out to be with you at the hospital.
Repatriation of mortal remains
You never know when tragedy will strike. Should the devastation of death come to pass while you’re far from your permanent residence, we’ll take care of having your body recovered and brought back home.
Is a warranty a grudge purchase?
Vehicles by their very nature are meant to be driven. Mechanical and electrical components are not everlasting and are at some point or another going to fail. Car troubles are inconvenient, and are often accompanied by costs like call-out fees, towing charges and more.
As vehicles get older, and manufacturing warranties fall away, vehicles also become more prone to expensive breakdowns.
Mechanical warranties are designed to offset these repair costs when the inevitable happens and to protect your pocket against any mechanical or electrical breakdown for a host of mechanical and electrical components in your car.
Why should I get an extended warranty?
Thousands of people rely on their cars daily for various reasons. For most of us, if we didn’t have our cars we would be stranded. How would we drop the kids at school? How would we get to work? Who would do the shopping?
Our cars are machines and can, therefore, sometimes experience mechanical or electrical breakdowns. As your car ages, some parts may get fragile, increasing the chances of an unexpected failure. Having your car breakdown on you is not only stressful because you’re left without a car, but it may also be an expense you didn’t budget for.
Extended warranties are typically viewed as an investment in peace of mind that limits financial risk throughout the coverage period. An extended car warranty can provide you with protection against unexpected repair bills. You won’t be left having to pay for expensive repair costs when things go wrong.
What are the extended warranty benefits?
You may be lucky enough to have never experienced a mechanical or electrical problem with your car. But this doesn’t mean that you won’t. Car breakdowns and part failures can happen to even the most reliable cars on the market, especially as they age. Here are some of the benefits an extended warranty can offer:
Cars are complex – As technology has changed over the years, cars have become so much more sophisticated and complex. Consequently, this means that cars have also become even more expensive to repair. With rising vehicle repair costs, it may be in your best interest to protect yourself against a potentially costly repair with an extended warranty.
Peace-of-mind – You have the peace-of-mind in knowing that you are covered for certain failures.
Convenience – Experiencing a car breaking down is incredibly stressful, especially if you’re in an area that you’re not familiar with. With Bidvest Insurance, you get 24-Hour roadside and medical assistance.
Quality repairs – In the event that your car experiences a mechanical or electrical breakdown, an extended warranty guarantees that the repairs are carried out by specialists who only use certified and approved parts.
What does Bidvest Insurance vehicle warranty cover?
The Bidvest Insurance vehicle warranty policy covers a wide range of mechanical and electrical issues. These include:
- Engine components: Should your vehicle experience any engine problems we will cover cylinder head(s), engine mounts, EGR valve, exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, flex plate, flywheel, ring gear, spigot bush/bearing, seals, pulleys, tensioners, and gaskets.
- Gearboxes: Gearboxes are known for causing serious and irreparable damage to your vehicle. We will cover you for gear levers, gear linkage including torque converters, bushes and internal shift selectors, external shift linkage, transmission mounts, clutch master cylinders, clutch slave cylinders, release bearings, seals and gaskets.
- Steering mechanism: We would never steer you astray. Our cover offers steering rack and pinion, or steering box, power steering pump and reservoir, tie rod assemblies, idler arm, relay rod, pitman arm, steering column shaft, steering column coupling, steering damper, seals, and gaskets.
- Suspension: We want you to keep moving by covering upper and lower control arms, control arm shafts, and bushings, torsion/stabiliser bars, radius arms, upper and lower ball joints, springs, electronic modulated suspension actuator/pumps, seals, link rods/arms and gaskets.
- Braking system: Don’t let costly repairs stop you dead in your tracks. We will cover you for the master cylinders, wheel cylinders, callipers, servo unit, anti-lock braking system activator, vacuum pump and sensors, parking brake cable, parking brake ratchet mechanism, and hydraulic lines.
- Fuel system: Don’t lose your juice. We’ve got you covered for fuel pumps, injection pump, air-flow meter, throttle body, warm up regulator, fuel accumulator, fuel injectors, fuel lines, fuel tank, carburettor, seals, and gaskets.
How much does a Mechanical Warranty cost?
Your premium is based on your specific vehicle model, age, and mileage. Contact us today for a free quote.
How do I claim?
You can contact us on 0861668888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the incident. Our dedicated assessors will then guide you through the claims process.
We cannot budget for everything, but we can protect what matters most, with a Mechanical Warranty from Bidvest Insurance. We keep your most valuable asset moving. Extend the lifespan of your car with South Africa’s most reliable car warranty.