The reason this is such great news is that it provides consumers who are looking to potentially free up some money by selling or trading in their car, a safe way to do so. Without dealerships, the only choice for consumers to do this is privately – which exposes the car owner to a number of potential risks.
Here are just a few of the benefits of trading-in or selling your car through your car dealership:
- You avoid the threat of scam artists and hijackings
- It’s quick and easy
- You don’t have to deal with countless negotiations with potential buyers
- You don’t have to deal with all the paperwork
- The dealership F&I will be able to give you professional financial advice and ensure that you are financially protected going forward
- If you trade your car in, you can leave the showroom floor with your warranty and insurance in place
With the above benefits in mind and given the times we currently find ourselves in, we highly recommend that consumers choose the dealership route when selling or trading in their vehicles to ensure peace of mind, quality service, and a safe environment. Remember to phone or email your dealership ahead of time to see if you can book a safe time to come in and what safety procedures are in place in terms of the lockdown regulations.